- Information Gathered by Sysomos
- Customer– In order to provide the Services, we require our customers to provide us with certain contact information (such as name and email address, mailing address, phone number, title). We also require financial/billing information (billing name and address, credit card numbers) from our customers.
- Third Party Content – Finally, our Services themselves collect, process and store information, that may include personal information, from a variety of publicly available online sources, such as social networking sites, blogs and news websites. This information is sourced only from content that has been made publicly available on the internet and is used solely to provide our Services. The only parts of this Policy that are applicable to Third Party Content are in contained in the Third Party Content section below.
- Sysomos’ Use of Your Information
- We use the technical information about our website visitors in order to tailor your experience at our site, to deliver content that we think you might be interested in, to display the content according to your preferences and to improve our website.
- We use contact information from our website visitors in order to fulfil your requests (for example, to provide you with additional information about our Services). If you are a customer, we use your contact information in order to provide you with the Services. For example, we use your contact information to provide support and account management services and to alert you to system outages. We also use contact information from our website visitors and our customers for marketing purposes to send you information about our company, our affiliates and our products and services. You can opt out of receiving such mailings by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email and following the instructions.
- We use financial/billing information to evaluate our customers’ creditworthiness and to collect payment of our fees for the Services.
- Upon termination of the use of our Services and/or website, we shall take reasonable steps to cease retention of documents containing your personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with your particulars as soon as it is reasonable to assume that there is no longer any legal or business purpose.
- How do we protect your information?
- We have in place industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the personal information under our control, including through the use of physical, organizational, and technological measures and appropriate training of employees. However, it is possible that any information transmitted via the Internet may be intercepted by unknown third parties. We therefore encourage you to carefully ensure security through virus screening software, browser settings, the setting of passwords that are known only to you and are difficult to guess, and other security measures available to individuals and/or companies.
- If you are an Authorized User or customer, where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password and/or user ID (including email address) which enables you to access certain parts of our site or our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password or user ID with anyone. We store passwords of Authorized Users only in one-way encrypted form; they are not readable by any of our personnel.
- Your personal information may be processed and stored on servers located in various countries around the world, including countries outside of Canada and the European Economic Area. As a consequence, your personal information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of those jurisdictions in accordance with applicable laws. By submitting your personal information or using our services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If you reside in the European Union or other jurisdictions that provide access rights under law, you may access your information or have it corrected or updated in accordance with applicable law by contacting us at the addresses set out in this Policy.
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties personally identifiable information about our website visitors or our customers or their authorized users. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and use such information only for purposes relating to their services for us.
- If you are a customer or authorized user, we may share portions of your contact information and technical information with third party data provider partners, as required under the terms of our agreements with such providers. Sysomos may also disclose your personal information, the contents of your communications and/or your contact and financial information if required to do so by law, with your consent or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Sysomos;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Sysomos or others; or
- To assist, under exigent circumstances, in the investigation of violations of applicable laws and regulations.
- It is possible that as we continue to develop our business, Sysomos might be acquired. In such a transaction, your information may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
- Changes to Our Policies
- Use by Minors Prohibited
- Sysomos’ Services are not intended for and should not be used by anyone under the age of 18. Sysomos complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and does not permit registration or use by anyone under the age of 13.
- Social Media
- From time to time we will participate in conversations on social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook, where we have reason to believe individuals might be interested in our services because of their involvement in public relations, investor relations or related fields. Communications that are meant to be confidential in nature should be made through secure messaging options available within these third party websites/services. Questions about our social media policy should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Third Party Content
- Our Services collect, use, process and store information that has been made publicly available on the Internet (“Third Party Content”). In general, the Third Party Content can be found using a standard Internet search engine or by visiting the applicable websites directly. We do not have any ownership interest or control over the Third Party Content or any direct relationship with those persons who post such Third Party Content. We obtain Third Party Content through agreements with certain data providers, and through proprietary technology that collects RSS feeds. We do not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any information and do not circumstance any passwords or other technology protections. We only gather Third Party Content that is made available to the public by the site or by the individual.
- Our Services provide analytics that allow our customers to aggregate and analyze the Third Party Content. Our Services may also be used by our customers to collect certain personal information about individuals and their online activities, such as interactions with a customer’s website and/or in relation to a customer’s products and services. We require our customers to comply with all applicable legal requirements in using the Third Party Content, including any applicable privacy laws.
- If you reside in the European Union or other jurisdictions that provide access rights under law, you may access your information or have it corrected or updated in accordance with applicable law by contacting us at the addresses set out in this Policy.
25 York St #1200,
Toronto, ON M5J 2V5, Canada
Last updated: April 14, 2017