A Social St. Patrick’s Day [Infographic]

St. Patrick’s Day is the day where the whole world gets to be Irish. It’s long been a day when friends get together, dress in green and go out for a few drinks. But, like almost everything these days, it’s now become a day where the world celebrates as a collective whole by sharing their celebrations through social media.

We thought it would be fun to take a look at how St. Patrick’s Day was celebrated this year through social media.

Using our Sysomos social intelligence software, we analyzed talk of St. Patrick’s Day on March 17th, 2015 to see just how much people were celebrating on social media and put our findings into an infographic for you.

Some of our findings include that St. Patrick’s Day (and various iterations of it) were mentioned over 2.3 million times across blogs, forums, online news and Twitter. Most of those mentions came from Twitter, which averaged 97,010 tweets an hour about St. Patrick’s Day on Tuesday.

We also found that women were more interested in sharing their St. Patrick’s Day experience on Twitter than men. Women accounted for 54% of the St Patty’s tweets, while men made up the other 46%.

On Instagram, the hashtag #StPatricksDay was used in 1.7 million photos this year.

And for fun, we decided to also look for people who admitted in public on March 18th that they may have had a bit too much fun on St. Patrick’s Day.

Take a look at all this info and more in our Social St. Patrick’s Day infographic below.

A Social St. Patrick's Day - Presented By Sysomos

So, how was your St. Patrick’s Day? Did you tweet about it?